Dear WUC Partner,
Due to the enthusiasm received from you, the World Urban Campaign Secretariat would like to announce that the call for candidate has been EXTENDED for 2 weeks, until 15 May 2022 (Midnight CET).
The presentation of candidates and elections will take place online, with the results being announced on June 24, 2022.
All WUC partner organizations are welcome to participate in this call (listed HERE). Please keep in mind that applicants must represent their organization. It is necessary for them to provide a letter from their organization confirming their candidacy to represent their organization. The Secretariat will accept letters and acknowledge all received candidacies.
- Two Co-Chairs, Steering Committee
- Two chairs for each of the following constituencies:
1. Local and Sub-national Authorities
2. Research and Academia
3. Civil Society Organizations
4. rassroots Organizations
7. Children and Youth
8. Business and Industries
9. Foundations and Philanthropies
12. Trade Unions and Workers
14. Indigenous People
16. Older Persons
Applicants are requested to follow the procedure described hereafter. To apply, you need:
- To complete the application form (HERE) to introduce the candidate with experience relevant to the position.
- To send you motivation letter signed by the head of the organization confirming their candidacy to represent their organization sent by email to UNHabitat-WUC@un.org.
The names of candidates with their statements of interest will be published online on the WUC website before 30 May 2022. The voting will be held from 30 May to 20 June 2022.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Once again, many thanks and best wishes,