ScenaRio 2012 is the first global survey on youth and Sustainable Development, officially supported by 6 agencies of the United Nations. (http://www.uncsd2012.org/rio20/index.php?page=view&nr=224&type=230&menu=39)
The ScenaRio 2012 team would like to invite you to attend our Networking Event at the Sixth session of the World Urban Forum in Naples, on September 4th 2012 from 16:30 to 18:30.
We will present the ScenaRio 2012 project, a survey that brought together 30,000 young citizens (16-29 year old) from 30 countries and 100 personalities from 10 spheres of influence to better understand the World Youth perceptions and expectations about Sustainable Development. The outcomes of the project have been presented during the Rio+20 conference last June.
First results of the survey have been compiled into a multilingual publication : http://www.scenario2012.org/dl/2011/01/RIO-MAK-VIII-2012-06-09-20Mo.pdf
A teaser movie is also available:
Youth and Sustainable Development – some views par fondapol
This initiative has been selected to be presented among the networking events during the World Urban Forum. Several panelists will join us for that presentation, among others:
- Wan Su Park, Mayor of the City of Changwon, Republic of Korea;
- Dominique Héron, Vice president for partnerships at Veolia Environnement;
- Eugenie L. Birch, Professor of Urban Research and Education at the University of Pennsylvania;
- Anna-Maria Dinice, HR Manager, Saint-Gobain Italy;
- Douglas Ragan, Project Officer – Youth Research and analysis, UN-Habitat;
- Nicolas Dutreix, Partner at Nomadéis & Co-founder of the ScenaRio 2012 project;
- A representative from EDF/ Edison.
Please find below the Save the date for that event.
In order to attend, you need to register following this link : http://www.unhabitat.org/content.asp?typeid=19&catid=672&cid=11064
Please confirm your participation to the Networking Event :
Looking forward to hearing from you, we remain at your disposal for any further information you may need concerning our initiative.
120820-wuf-save-the-date-networkingev_2012-09-04.pdf (331.71 KB)